Arbi balls are made with arbi, bread crumbs and other spices. It’s a modified recipe of arbi roast. Arbi roast is made without adding bread crumbs.
- Arbi [Taro Root] (300 gm)
- Bread Crumbs (1/2 cup)
- Red Chili Powder (2 tsp)
- Oil (12 tsp)
- Salt (to taste)
- Curry Leaves (few)
- Turmeric Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Hing [Asafoetida] (Powder, 1/4 tsp)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
Category: Lunch \ Dinner
- Pressure cook arbi by adding 1 and a half cup of water.
- Cook to 3-4 whistles.
- Peel off the skin and add salt, red chili powder, hing, and turmeric powder and mash well.
- Add bread crumbs and mix altogether.
- Rub your palms with little oil and make small lemon sized balls.
- Add oil to a shallow skillet and add the curry leaves.
- Sautee for a minute and set aside.
- Add the balls and allow it to cook for 5 minutes.
- Gently flip over after 4-5 minutes and cook till they are crisp.
Step by step pictures of the recipe:
- Bread crumbs can be substituted with chick pea flour.
- While cooking arbis it should not be under cooked or over cooked.