a rich, delicious and creamy dish made with indian cottage cheese and spices. It can be eaten with all kinds of bread.
- Paneer (cubes, 1 1/4 cups or 200 gms)
- Butter (3 tsp)
- Cloves (2)
- Cardamom (pods, 3)
- Cashews (soaked, 12)
- Red chilies (kashmiri, 12)
- Cooking Cream (3tbs) or Full Fat Milk (6 tbs)
- Oil (4 tsp)
- Jeera [Cumin] (seeds, 1 tsp)
- Ginger (chopped, fine, 2 tsp)
- Fresh Cream (2-3 tsp)
- Tomato (chopped, fine, 2 cups)
- Salt (to taste)
- Kasuri Methi [Dried Fenugreek Leaves] (2 tsp)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
Cuisine: North Indian
Paneer butter masala recipe video
- Soak chilies, cashews, cloves and cardamom in three separate bowls in hot water.
- Let it rest for 30 minutes at least.
- Heat a deep skillet to medium and add 2 teaspoons of oil.
- Add chopped ginger and sautee for 2-3 minutes and set aside.
- Add tomatoes and cook till they turn mushy.
- Grind red chilies, cashews, ginger, tomatoes to a fine paste.
- Heat a deep skillet to low and add butter and oil.
- Add cumin seeds and then add the ground paste.
- Add the required salt.
- Cook for about 15-20 minutes.
- Add the clove-cardamom water extract.
- Add the cooking cream and then add paneer cubes.
- Mix gently.
- Add kasuri methi leaves while adding the leaves crush it with your palms to enhance the flavor.
- Add the fresh cream.
Step by step pictures
- Soak chilies in hot water.
2. Soak cashews in hot water.
3. Soak cloves and cardamom in hot water.
4. Add chopped ginger.
5. Add tomatoes and cook for 10- 15 minutes.
6. Cooked tomatoes.
7. Add soaked chilies, ginger and cashews in a grinder bowl.
8. Add cooked tomatoes to the ginger, cashew and chilies.
9. Add jeera in the butter-oil mix.
10. Add the ground paste.
11.Add the filtered cardamom-clove water.
12. Add fresh cream to make the gravy rich and creamy.
13. Add the paneer cubes.
14.Add kasuri methi.
15. Add fresh cream.