Low carb khichdi is very healthy, light and easy to make with a few ingredients. Khicdi is usually made with rice and lentils but, here cauliflower rice has been substituted for regular rice and instead of lentils almond flour is added.
- Cauliflower Rice (3 cups)
- Almond Flour (1 cup)
- Jeera [Cumin Seeds] (2 tsp)
- Turmeric Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Ginger (grated, fine, 1 tsp)
- Cilantro (chopped, 3 tsp)
- Salt (to taste)
- Green Chili (chopped, 1)
- Onion (chopped, fine, 1/2 cup)
- Tomato (chopped, fine, 1/4 cup)
- Chili Powder (Kashmiri, 1 1/2 tsp)
- Oil (4 tsp)
- Butter (2 tbs)
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Category: Lunch \ Dinner
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Add jeera [Cumin Seeds], chopped onion, green chili and grated ginger.
- Cook until onion is translucent.
- Add cauliflower rice, salt, turmeric and red chili powder.
- Cover with a lid and cook till they turn soft.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add almond flour, water and mix well.
- Garnish with cilantro.