Yam and sweet potato curry is a very delicious, simple and easy to make recipe. I used tomatoes as a base for the gravy but legumes can also be substituted for tomatoes.
- Yam (cubes, 1/2 cup)
- Brinjal (cubes, 1/2 cup)
- Carrots (cubes, 1/2 cup)
- Tomato (Puree, 1 1/2 cups)
- Green Chili (chopped, fine, 1)
- Sweet Potato (cubes, 1/2 cup)
- Coriander Powder (2 tsp)
- Turmeric Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Red Chili Powder (Kashmiri, 1 1/2 tsp)
- Oil (4 tsp)
- Ghee (1 tsp)
- Salt (to taste)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes
Category: Lunch \ Dinner
- Add oil and jeera to a pressure cooker.
- Add chopped green chilies, coriander, turmeric and red chili powders.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato puree, salt and chopped cilantro and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Cook till the oil separated from the gravy and Stir occasionally to prevent from burning.
- Add cubed yam, carrots, sweet potatoes and brinjal.
- Add half a cup of water and pressure cook for 4-5 whistles.
- Garnish with ghee and chopped cilantro.
Step by Step Pictures of the recipe:
- Finely Chopped tomatoes can be substituted for puree.
- All the spice powders should be sauteed constantly. Burnt spices will spoil the taste.
- Cinnamon sticks, cardamom pods can be added along with jeera.