Hara-bhara paratha is very nutritious and filling meal. This paratha doesn’t need any side dish but can be eaten with either curd or pickle or chutney.
Ingredients for the dough:
- Wheat Flour (1 cup)
- Mint Leaves (1 Cup)
- Cilantro (1 cup)
- Green Chili (1)
- Salt (1/2 tsp)
Ingredients for the filling:
- Peas (1/2 cup)
- Carrot (diced, 1/2 cup)
- Cabbage (chopped, 1/2 cup)
- Capsicum (chopped, 1/2 cup)
- Beans (chopped, 1/2 cup)
- Ginger (chopped, 2 tsp)
- Potato (diced, 1/2 cup)
- Onion (chopped, 1/2 cup)
- Spinach (chopped, 1 cup)
- Red Chili (powder, 2 tsp)
- Salt (to taste)
- Jeera (1 tsp)
- Oil (8 tsp)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes
Category: Breakfast \ Lunch \ Dinner
Method to make the dough:
- In a grinder bowl add mint leaves, cilantro leaves, green chili, salt and water.
- Grind to a fine paste.
- In a bowl add wheat flour and half a cup of ground paste.
- Knead the flour to a soft dough. If required add the paste or plain water.
- Add oil and allow it to rest for an hour.
Method to make the filling:
- In a grinder bowl add cut spinach, potato, cabbage, beans, peas, capsicum, carrot, onion, ginger and grind to a fine paste.
- In a skillet add oil and jeera then add the ground paste.
- Add salt and red chili powder and cook for 10 minutes or until the excess water is fully absorbed.
- Cool the mixture.
- Divide the mixture into lemon sized balls and set aside.
- Knead the dough again and make equal sized balls.
- Dust the ball with the wheat flour and roll out to 4-5″ diameter.
- Place the stuffing at the center and seat it tightly.
- Dust again with the wheat flour and roll out to 6-7″ diameter.
- Heat a griddle to medium and place the paratha.
- Cook partially on both the sides and then add oil.
- Cook both the sides or until the brown spots appear.
- Apply butter on both the sides if you prefer.
- For the dough if the wheat flour is 1 cup the ground paste is 1/2 a cup. Knock down the dough using your fist.
- Knead the flour till the dough is soft and pliable.
- The dough as well as the filling should be soft. This step is very essential to ensure smooth and soft parathas.