Qubani ka meetha is a popular hyderabadi dessert. The dessert is topped with fresh cream or ice cream or nuts. This dish is very easy to make and it is rich and delicious.
- Apricot (dried, 1 cup)
- Sugar (3/4 cup)
- Saffron (few strands)
- Fresh Cream (50 gm)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Soak time: 10 hours
Cook time: 30 minutes
- Soak dried apricots for 10-12 hours.
- Remove the pits and save the water.
- Remove kernels using a nutcracker or a hammer.
- In a skillet add the saved water.
- Add half a cup of water and soaked apricots.
- Cook for 20 minutes on a low flame.
- Check whether apricots are soft.
- Add sugar and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Add the kernels and saffron soaked in milk already.
- Allow it to cool and serve with fresh cream or ice cream.
Step by Step pictures of the recipe:
- Dried apricots are not available the entire year so store it when it’s available to make the dessert.
- After adding sugar cook till the consistency is thick .