We make many recipes out of pumpkin in India. Pumpkin curry, gravy, halwa, soup, pie etc. Pumpkin has a nutty flavor on top of it we add cream so avoiding lot of spices will help to retain the original creamy texture.
- Pumpkin (cubes, 1/2 cup)
- Red Chili Flakes (3 tsp)
- Cream (fresh, 2 tsp)
- Peanuts (4 tsp)
- Salt (to taste)
- Oil (3 tsp)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Category: Lunch \ Dinner
- Heat a shallow skillet to low and add peanuts.
- Sautee for five minutes or till it changes its color.
- Sautee constantly to prevent from burning.
- Cool for few minutes and grind to a coarse powder and set aside.
- Heat a deep skillet to medium and add oil and pumpkin cubes.
- Cook for 10 minutes or till the pumpkin cubes are soft and cooked.
- Add salt and red chili flakes.
- Cool the ingredients and grind to a fine paste.
- Add the ground paste to a skillet and add water and bring it to boil.
- After it starts boiling add the ground peanuts.
- Garnish with fresh cream.