Marie biscuit log is easy to make and looks very classy. It is my daughter’s one of her favorite desserts recipe. After she left home for studies, job etc I completely forgot this delight. When I made this after so many years, it brought me back all the sweet memories.
- Marie Biscuits (16)
- Butter (unsalted, 3 tbs)
- Custard Powder (1 1/2 tsp)
- Cocoa Powder (4 tsp)
- Coffee Decoction \ Instant Coffee powder (1/2 cup)
- Milk (1/2 cup)
- Sugar (powdered, 5 tsp)
Cook time: 20 minutes
Recipe for filling:
- Add milk, custard powder and powdered sugar.
- Mix all the ingredients and switch on the flame.
- Stir constantly on a low heat to avoid lumps.
- Cook until the texture is smooth and glossy.
- The custard cream should be thick.
- Cool down to room temperature.
Recipe for frosting:
- Heat a saucepan and add butter.
- Melt the butter and add powdered sugar.
- Switch off the flame.
- Add cocoa and stir constantly.
- Mix all the ingredients to combine.
- If the mixture is thick add some milk to adjust the consistency.
Marie Biscuit Chocolate Log Recipe:
- Place a parchment paper and place the biscuits, custard cream and coffee decoction bowls.
- Dip the biscuits in coffee one at a time.
- As soon as you dip the first biscuit remove and keep it on a tray and spread the custard cream on top of the first biscuit.
- Now dip the second biscuit and keep it on top of the cream and give a slight press so that the cream comes till the edges.
- Do not break the biscuits.
- Stack the biscuits one after another.
- Spread the chocolate frosting on all the sides.
- Ensure to cover the log with chocolate frosting before refrigerate.
- Refrigerate at least for an hour.
- Cut either straight or diagonally to get the logs.
Step by step pictures of the recipe:
- Regular marie biscuits are preferred than the thin biscuits.
- While dipping biscuits in cofee just dip it once and keep it on the tray.
- Do not keep for long because there are chances of breaking .
- I used filter coffee decoction. This can be substituted with either instant coffee mixed with water or any other brewed coffee.
- The custard cream consistency should neither be too thin nor too thick.