It’s an easy to make spicy breakfast with a few ingredients. It can be made with white as well as brown bread. It tastes yummy definitely, if we make with white bread.
- Bread (chopped, cubes, 4 slices)
- Red Chili (Powder, 1/2 tsp)
- Onion (chopped, 1 cup)
- Curry Leaves (chopped, few)
- Jeera [Cumin Seeds] (1 tsp)
- Turmeric (1/4 tsp)
- Chili (1. split)
- Oil (3 tbs)
- Ghee (1 tsp)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Cuisine: South Indian
Category: Tiffin \ Breakfast
Bread upma video recipe
- Cut the bread slices into small cubes.
- Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of water.
- Heat a deep skillet to medium.
- Add 3 tablespoons of oil and add a teaspoon of jeera.
- Wait for the jeera to splutter.
- Add the chopped onions, slit green chili, and salt.
- Sautee for 5 minutes or till onions turn translucent.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric and 1/2 teaspoon of red chili powder.
- Add some chopped curry leaves.
- Add the bread cubes and sautee for few minutes or till the spices and bread pieces mix completely.
- Add a teaspoon of ghee.
- Cook till the bread pieces turn crisp.
Step by step pictures:
1. Add oil, jeera, chopped onions, slit green chili, and salt.
2. Sautee for 5 minutes or till onions turn translucent.
3. Add the bread cubes to the onion and spice mixture.
4. Cook till the bread pieces turn crisp.
- Sprinkle water only just before you start cooking.
- Chopped tomatoes can also be added.